Spanish star Carlos Alcaraz, aged 18, on Monday grew to become the youngest participant to enter the highest 10 of the ATP world rankings since his compatriot Rafael Nadal did so on the similar age in 2005.
Alcaraz climbed two locations to ninth on this planet as a consequence of his straight-sets victory over Pablo Carreno Busta within the Barcelona Open closing on Sunday. Britain’s Cameron Norrie drops out of the highest 10 to quantity 11.
It was the third title of the season for Alcaraz, having received the Miami Masters at the start of the month and the Rio match in February.
Carreno Busta swaps locations with one other Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, the previous climbing to 18 and the latter shifting down one spot to nineteenth.
Novak Djokovic nonetheless sits atop the standings regardless of shedding to Russian Andrey Rublev within the closing of the Belgrade Open. World quantity two Daniil Medvedev is out with a hernia drawback.
ATP high 20 (gamers representing Russia and Belarus are banned from competing below the title or flag of Russia or Belarus till additional discover):
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 8,400 pts
2. Daniil Medvedev 8,080
3. Alexander Zverev (GER) 7,465
4. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 6,435
5. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 5,770
6. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 4,570
7. Casper Ruud (NOR) 4,110
8. Andrey Rublev 4,025
9. Carlos Alcaraz (ESP) 3,827 (+2)
10. Felix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 3,625 (-1)
11. Cameron Norrie (GBR) 3,440 (-1)
12. Jannik Sinner (ITA) 3,029
13. Taylor Fritz (USA) 3,010
14. Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 3,008
15. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 2,805
16. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 2,671
17. Reilly Opelka (USA) 2,475
18. Pablo Carreno Busta (ESP) 2,135 (+1)
19. Roberto Bautista Agut (ESP) 2,015 (-1)
20. Nikoloz Basilashvili (GEO) 1,788